Next time you think about having a cup of coffee, try some Golden Milk instead. Drinking a cup of Golden Milk every day could keep the doctor away! Golden Paste can also be used in smoothies, to make salad dressings, in curries, or any way your heart desires, and pets love golden paste too! Following are two easy recipes for this healthful elixir.
You have probably heard of turmeric by now, and its effective use to reduce inflammation and joint pain. This herbal root has been used in Traditional East Indian and Chinese medicine for thousands of years. It is often used in Indian cooking and is what makes curry yellow-orange. It promotes the flow of Qi (vital energy) and is commonly used in Chinese medicine for women’s painful periods, pain and swelling due to trauma, especially shoulder pain. Recent scientific research as uncovered additional benefits for this bright orange root.
Benefits of turmeric.
- aids in digestion
- blood purifier
- clears the skin
- aids Memory and brain function
Turmeric Milk Ingredients
- Two cups milk. You can substitute soy, almond, coconut, rice milk if dairy is avoided.
- One teaspoon dried turmeric or one half inch fresh root, sliced or diced.
- One teaspoon dried ginger or one half inch fresh root.
- A sprinkle of black pepper.
- Honey to taste.
- Other options are a little cinnamon, or some vanilla.
- Warm milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add turmeric ginger and pepper and stir well if using dried powders.
- Bring to a simmer and heat for another minute or two. Take care not to boil.
- Remove from heat, cover the p[an and let it sit and infuse for ten minutes.
- Strain if using fresh, chopped roots and serve warm.
Another option for making this health enhancing elixir is to make Golden Milk from Golden Paste. Making Golden Milk is so easy, and by making a Golden Paste ahead of time, you can enjoy a nice hot cup of Golden Milk in minutes! Because turmeric is fat-soluble, using virgin coconut oil not only increases turmeric’s health benefits, but it adds one more way to use this healthy fat every day! You can use cow raw milk, but any milk can be used. Black pepper’s piperine increases curcumin’s bioavailability by 2000%, and the taste is undetectable in the Golden Milk.
- 1/2 cup Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
In a stainless steel pot, cook the water, turmeric and black pepper until it forms a thick paste, stirring and cooking for about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add virgin coconut oil, using a whisk to fully mix in the coconut oil. Transfer the Golden Paste into a glass jar with a lid, and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You will use this paste to make your Golden Milk below.
Golden Milk from Golden Paste:
- 1 teaspoon Golden Paste
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
In a stainless steel pot, gently heat, but do not boil, 2 cups of milk with 1 teaspoon of golden paste. A whisk is helpful to fully mix the paste into the milk. Add optional vanilla, honey and/or cinnamon.
Making turmeric golden milk is one easy way to follow Hippocrates’ advice to, “let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.”
Get more information on the benefits of turmeric supplements. Check out this site: https://www.cognitune.com/turmeric-curcumin-benefits/